The story of Rotos is a tragic tale told across Teleria, of a groom separated eternally from his beloved bride by a greedy loan shark. Armed with his single rapier and an unquenchable thirst for revenge, Rotos the Lost Groom is a terrifying foe to face in the fantasy RPG RAID: Shadow Legends!
Check out our guide on how to use the Legendary Undead Hordes Champion Rotos the Lost Groom in RAID: Shadow Legends, and tear through your enemies with a phantom’s rage!
WHY PLAY ROTOS THE LOST GROOM IN RAID: SHADOW LEGENDS?
Renowned for piercing his enemies’ hearts with a single devastating strike from his ghostly rapier, Rotos the Lost Groom is capable of incredibly high damage numbers in RAID: Shadow Legends.
His skillset is focused on destroying one foe at a time with three high-damage, single-target attacks. Whether he’s carving open their defenses, stealing their life force, or ignoring life-preserving buffs, Rotos the Lost Groom leaves none in his wake across all of RAID: Shadow Legends.
HOW TO GET ROTOS THE LOST GROOM IN RAID: SHADOW LEGENDS?
Rotos the Lost Groom can be acquired by summoning him from Ancient, Primal, or Sacred Shards at the Portal. He can also be summoned during selected Summon Pool Events at the Portal.
WHAT ARE ROTOS THE LOST GROOM’S SKILLS?
Burning with vengeance against those who killed him and his bride Siphi, Rotos’ skills are all focused on tearing down a single target with his powerful attacks. He can also place the ever-important Decrease Defense debuff, ensuring that attacks from himself and allies deal even more damage.
- Terror Scourge – Attacks 1 enemy. Has a 75% chance of placing a 60% [Decrease DEF] debuff for 2 turns. Also has a 25% chance of granting an Extra Turn.
- Vitality Plunder – Attacks 1 enemy. Destroys the target’s MAX HP by 20%, then adds that HP to this Champion’s own MAX HP. [Cannot destroy a single Champion’s MAX HP by more than 60% in one Battle. Cannot increase this Champion’s MAX HP by more than 60,000. Destroys the MAX HP of Bosses by 30% of the damage inflicted instead. This Champion’s MAX HP will be increased by 15,000 when this Skill is used against Bosses]
- Fated Destruction – Attacks 1 enemy. Will ignore 60% of the target’s DEF. Will also ignore [Unkillable] and [Block Damage] buffs. Enemies killed by this skill cannot be revived if this Champion has gained the maximum amount of HP from the Vitality Plunder skill. Grants an Extra Turn if this skill kills an enemy.
- Spurn Oblivion [P] – Will decrease damage from enemy hits so that incoming damage from any single hit will not exceed 50% of this Champion’s MAX HP. Grants an Extra Turn if this damage reduction occurs. [Does not work against Bosses.] Decreases the damage taken from Bosses by 15%. Decreases the damage taken from Bosses by 30% if Siphi the Lost Bride is on the same team.
ROTOS THE LOST GROOM RECOMMENDATIONS
Given his damage potential, Rotos the Lost Groom’s best role is purely as a damage dealer for all areas of RAID: Shadow Legends. He is capable of taking on Doom Tower Bosses by himself, and taking out important targets when facing enemies in the Arena. Check out our recommendations for the perfect Gear, Masteries, Blessings, and more to get the most out of Rotos the Lost Groom in RAID: Shadow Legends.
Despite fulfilling a single role, there are two key Mastery builds for Rotos the Lost Groom depending on whether you’re using him for taking on PvE content like the Doom Tower and Faction Wars, or facing enemies in the Arena. What is important for both builds is that there’s a focus on damage. Both builds should work towards getting a Tier 6 Mastery from the Offense Mastery Tree, though routes and supplementary Masteries may differ.
First up, we’ll look at the Masteries needed to maximize Rotos the Lost Groom’s effectiveness in the Arena. Start with Deadly Precision for extra Critical Rate, then Keen Strike and Shieldbreaker for increased Critical Damage and extra damage against those under Shield buffs. Look to grab Opportunist for more damage against targets with key debuffs, and Methodical to increase the damage inflicted by Rotos’ Terror Scourge skill. Finally, get the Tier 6 Mastery Helmsmasher, which offers Rotos a 50% chance to ignore 25% of his target’s defense. This 25% is in addition to any amount already ignored by a skill, which means Rotos is ignoring an incredible 85% of his target’s defense when using his Fated Destruction skill.
The second build is engineered more towards wave-based content and taking on Bosses. Deadly Precision and Keen Strike are good choices again, as well as Life Drinker for the ability to heal when dealing damage with 50% HP or less. Methodical is another great choice for this build, but the key difference here is that you want the Tier 6 Mastery, Warmaster. This offers Rotos a 60% chance to inflict bonus damage equal to 10% of his target’s MAX HP, or 4% when attacking a Boss. Both of these builds can be supplemented with life-sustaining Masteries from the Defense Mastery Tree for maximum efficiency.
Ensuring that Rotos the Lost Groom can deliver on his promise of massive damage requires Gear reserved for only the top-tier damage dealers in RAID: Shadow Legends. Enemies in the Arena will likely have high Resistance, so you can leave placing debuffs to your Support Champions with high Accuracy. Instead, focus on building 100% Critical Rate, and then as much Attack and Critical Damage as possible. It’s also important to factor some Speed into the build, as a damage-dealer is no good if they’re killed before taking their turn. Outside of the Arena, it’s worth building some Accuracy into Rotos to ensure that he can land his Decrease Defense debuff on Terror Scourge.
As a Legendary Champion, Rotos the Lost Groom is capable of accessing all the Blessings available in RAID: Shadow Legends. However, as a damage dealer, there are three choices that are well-suited to Rotos the Lost Groom: Soul Reap, Ward of the Fallen, and Lightning Cage. The former is great for finishing off enemies with low HP, and the latter two are perfect for enabling Rotos to inflict bonus damage.
ROTOS THE LOST GROOM TACTICS
As one of RAID: Shadow Legends’ premier damage-dealers, Rotos the Lost Groom shines in the Arena. However, outside of that specific role, Rotos can also be a great addition to almost any team across RAID: Shadow Legends’ many areas of content. His damage output and Decrease Defense debuff on his Terror Scourge skill makes him a very valuable asset for every account, whether you’re just starting out or you’re grinding through endgame content.
There are several Dungeons where Rotos the Lost Groom can provide value, but the one that stands out is undoubtedly the Ice Golem’s Peak. Once Rotos has gained the maximum amount of HP possible from his Vitality Plunder skill, enemies that are then killed by his Fated Destruction skill cannot be revived. This is incredibly useful against the Ice Golem’s minions, who are revived every time the Ice Golem uses Frigid Vengeance when his HP drops below a certain threshold.
Rotos the Lost Groom is a great choice for a damage dealer across most areas of the Doom Tower. Whether it be in the wave-based Normal Rooms, or taking on the Boss Rooms, Rotos finds some of his best utility outside of Arena here. He’s an excellent pick for both the Magma Dragon and Celestial Griffin,based purely on his damage and debuff capability, but his best role can be against the Scarab King. Using his Vitality Plunder skill, Rotos can destroy the Scarab King’s MAX HP. This allows for greater damage to be dealt, and for him to be taken down a lot easier.
Using Rotos the Lost Groom in Faction Wars is a surefire way to ensure that you’ll out-damage most opponents you’ll face. Coupled with a Decrease Defense debuff on his Terror Scourge skill, and multiple opportunities to gain an Extra Turn, Rotos will be tearing through enemies like tissue paper.
ROTOS THE LOST GROOM KEY INFO
|HOW TO UNLOCK||Ancient Shard, Primal Shard, Sacred Shard, Summon Pool Event|
PIERCE HEARTS WITH ROTOS THE LOST GROOM TODAY
Ready to uphold your vows? Play RAID: Shadow Legends for free now!